6 days until I go back. 8 days until the kiddies are added to the mix.
I feel like I am the only one NOT back to school at this point!
Last time I was in the classroom I took pictures of the two types of headphones I have in the classroom. LOVE headphones, they are so much more valuable than just being used to listen to something quietly!
I have "Quite Phones" which are old headphones with no cord. These are for the kiddies who need to shut out the outside world to get some work done.
- They might be used at the guided reading table while someone else is whisper reading.
- They might be used while sitting and working on writing at their desk.
- They might be used while reading in the classroom library while others are at their seat working on partner work. 1000 different uses.
The kids love them.
Enough said :)
- Traditionally when working on a math game/listening to reading.
- Making recordings of themselves reading (which they think is SUPER cool) so I can listen in later.
- Narrating online projects.
If you get the chance to buy a set of mic'd headphones for your class. Even a small set. I highly recommend it!